Introspection

Introspection

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Life & Death



I have always wanted to die young. Now I am too old to die young.  I have reached the age where I see and hear of people younger than me leaving the world. I regularly come across people older than me expressing their fears of having to go to the next world, if there is one.

My perspective on life and the eminent death is that we, as mortals, are here in this world only on a temporary basis, a pilgrim on life’s journey. Our stay, for some reason or other, could be cut short or could drag on endlessly. 

Only God knows how long we will be here. To some , this could be a blessing, not only for themselves but also for others. This stay will be filled with challenges, big and small, some of our own making and many beyond our control.

As a pilgrim on this journey of life, we will have to face these challenges with resilience and fortitude so that at the end of the day, we can feel proud that we had lived our life well. When we are gone, we should leave behind only good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment