Introspection

Introspection

Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Teaching Experience


Many people look at me in disbelief when I say that I resigned from a government job as a teacher years ago. Many teachers look at me in awe when I tell them that I resigned and not retired as a teacher. I know that I made the right decision then. Even though I settled for half the pay after that, the job gave me more than double the satisfaction and opened new avenues for me.

I have been lucky to have had the choice to opt out from something that would have trapped me and robbed me of the best years of my life. I could have been a headmistress by now, but that was not my goal. Instead of having to go to school everyday, I have had the chance of teaching at colleges and universities. I have conducted courses for personal and professional development, I have written books. I now can teach the English language to all levels of students from young learners to adults whose first language may or may not be English. 

My wide experience has definitely benefitted the students I have had the privilege to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment