Introspection

Introspection

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time Spent Wisely

Teachers should have the time to read up on what research has to say about their teaching methodology after they have had all the facts of their teaching lessons at their finger tips.

Action research should be encouraged among teachers so that they can improve their methodology of teaching.

Personally, as a freelance tutor, and no more working for the government, I find that I have improved my methods of teaching over the years. From merely resorting to filling the time by doing workbook exercises, today I challenge myself to prepare lessons where the students challenge themselves.

Today, for example, I got my Upper Primary students to write a one-paragraph book report.

No comments:

Post a Comment