Introspection

Introspection

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tuition Classes

Why do you come for English language classes?

Many students would say that it is to try to pass their examinations with flying colours.

To some, it is just a trend. Since they have been going for tuition from young, they must carry on attending these classes. Sometimes, it is because their friends are going, so they have to tag along and be one of the ‘in’ group.

From a distance, many people will view tuition classes as a waste of time and money since free education is being provided to all students studying in Government schools.

In my opinion, tuition classes are an avenue for students to grow and mature into more independent adults. Besides being exposed to the subject matter taught, it is in these classes where their discipline is checked. They learn discipline by attending classes punctually, doing the work assigned to them and paying their fees promptly.

They learn to communicate in their small group classes when they mingle and socialize with students from other schools. Some even go on to become lifetime friends.

If it is a language class, the students can take advantage of the opportunity of being in the tuition class (where the numbers are small) to speak the language they are learning. In the school, their overflowing classes would deter them from sounding a single word.

In short, attending tuition classes is not all about scoring straight As. It is akin to university students attending tutorial classes after the lecture sessions.

So why do you come for English language classes?

4 comments:

  1. In my opinion, i think that the tuition class is good for everyone who interest! When you interest in what you interest, you will put all your time in doing that and work it harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the bad thing to me is the time, it take a lots of my time! so i cannot do all of the homework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion ,I can do more revision in my tuition classes. I always like my tuition classes, but I don't think that students go to tuition classes is for A !We also can make friends in some of the tuition classes too. I come for English tuition because I want to learn English, and I can talking with English well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, attending tuition class is good. It is not a waste of time. After school we can spend our time wisely at tuition classes. If not, we would be watching TV dramas or playing computer games. Attending tuition classes is just like doing revision on what the teacher had taught at school. We can all do more exercises at tuition classes as revision. Homework is necessary for students but doing revision is also very important.

    ReplyDelete